EmPower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible New Yorkers. Nearly 135,000 of your neighbors are saving energy and saving money with EmPower New York — without spending a dime. Whether you own your home or rent, a participating contractor will be assigned to you to assess if your home would benefit from free energy upgrades such as:
- Home energy assessment to identify areas of possible energy improvements
- Tips on how to save energy
- Installation of high-efficiency lighting
- Attic and wall insulation
- Replacement of old, inefficient refrigerators and freezers
- Water-saving showerheads
EmPower New York Eligibility Guidelines
Homeowners and renters must meet income requirements to qualify for EmPower New York. You may be eligible if you can answer “yes” to these statements:
- I live in a home or building with 100 units or fewer.
- My household income is below 60 percent of the state median income (same eligibility as regular HEAP benefits; see the chart below to see if your income fits EmPower New York Guidelines) OR I participate in a utility payment assistance program.
- I am an electricity customer of Central Hudson, Con Edison, National Grid, NYSEG, Orange and Rockland, Rochester Gas & Electric and pay SBC OR heat with oil, propane, or kerosene.
- I am responsible for paying utility bills.
EmPower New York Income Eligibility Guidelines 2019
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Monthly Income||Maximum Gross Annual Income|
*The current income guidelines for EmPower New York are set at 60% of the state median income.
Apply for EmPower New York
Contact Zerodraft at (315) 455-9376 to learn more and to schedule your free home energy evaluation.